While people say, you shouldn’t be concerned about what others think, building a good reputation is essential to growing your business. Today, we have to think about our reputation more than we did in the past. Not only do we have to worry about how we present ourselves in our community, but we also have to be aware of how we come across online. The best way to manage your reputation is to create a great impression in real life and then leverage that work to create a strong reputation online. So how do you build a positive reputation?
In this episode of The Property Management Podcast, Kylie asks Shelley Bays to share how she built a reputation in her community through genuine, caring, and supportive actions and how her reputation became the key to growing her property management business.
Shelley’s dynamic personality brings a unique spark to the industry and her local community. She is actively involved in her local sporting club, supporting young women and building their confidence through coaching, mentoring, and being a good role model.
As the Director – Licensee In Charge at Plan A Property Group, Shelley exceeds client expectations by providing a comprehensive service. Her tenacity, dependability, and passion for delivering excellent results for her clients have made Shelley one of the youngest female Agency Directors in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.
Tune in for excellent tips on differentiating yourself from your competition and building a fantastic reputation, as Shelley did.
“If you’re doing a good job, people are going to refer you. If you’re not doing a good job and they’re not happy, they’re not going to pass your details on. So it’s just about building that reputation and, like you said, being genuine, caring, supporting.”
In This Episode:
- How Shelley started in property management
- Finding your point of difference and building a reputation in your core area
- Organic and community-based activities that can help you get known as a genuine and caring person (and not someone who just wants recognition)
- How to balance doing all the work and being the face of the business
- Shelley’s best advice for those thinking of starting a business
- Recommended resources for personal and mindset development
- Property Management Growth School
- The PM Accelerate Membership
- Book a Strategy Call with Kylie
- Listen to the PM Collective – The ART of Property Management Podcast by Ashleigh Goodchild
- Make Maintenance Your Superpower with Tapi (Mention That Property Mum and receive one month free on Tapi)
- Rental Heroes
- Inspection Express (Mention The Property Management Podcast and get 50% off the cost of your 360-degree tech)
Connect with Shelley Bays:
Connect with Kylie: