By now, you’re all familiar with how stressed everyone is in the property management industry. Burnout is real, and there’s a consensus that property management is just too hard. Thus, we see a mass exodus of property managers.
But what if there is support out there, right on your doorstep, that you haven’t even used? What if there’s available training for your team members, networking events, property management support for dealing with gray areas of the legislation and best practices, digital forms and templates, and even legal advice if you are ever in a situation where you are facing litigation? Well, there is this unicorn called your governing body.
In this episode of The Property Management Podcast, Kylie chats with two senior members of the Real Estate Institute of Queensland (REIQ). Connie McKee is a Trainer and Assessor, while Kat Beavon serves as the General Counsel and Company Secretary at REIQ. These two women are amazing advocates of the housing sector. While they are based in Queensland, their advice benefits landlords, business owners, property managers, and anyone involved in property management anywhere in the world.
“Let someone think it was their idea, and you’ve got a better chance of getting an outcome rather than thinking you’re gonna dictate to people about what they should or shouldn’t do”– Connie McKee
“I really wanna stress there’s no dumb question. We would much rather you call us at the beginning of the transaction rather than calling us and going, “Oh, I’ve done the wrong thing and now I need help getting out of it.” So please, call us as much as you can”– Kat Beavon
In This Episode:
- What solution does REIQ have to the hiring challenge in property management?
- How REIQ assists agencies that have property managers who do not know the ins and outs of the legislation
- What are the big issues REIQ members are facing right now, and what advice do Connie and Kat give to those in the same situation?
- What things should people be aware of concerning the changes in legislation?
- Connie and Kat’s recommended resources for personal development
- And more!!!
– Make Maintenance Your Superpower with Tapi (Mention That Property Mum and receive one month free on Tapi)
Connect with REIQ:
– Phone – 1-300-697-347
Connect with Kylie: